15 Common Questions about Private Events in Society
Choosing a venue for a private party or event? Any time you’re considering an event space, you have plenty of questions that need answering. We’ve got you covered.
Here are the answers to 15 of the most frequently asked questions about private events at Society:
1. “What are your private party rooms like?”
When you inquire about holding a private party in Society, you’ll have several spaces to choose from:
- Book the patio. Our outdoor area is the perfect place to people-watch in the Crossroads while you host a casual party. The patio is perfect for bridal shower brunches, engagement celebrations, or birthday parties.
- Reserve the Scarlet Room. With a standing capacity of 150, the Scarlet Room is a comfortably spacious environment for an event without feeling dwarfed by the large main area of Society. The Scarlet Room offers a more intimate, opulent experience and is equipped with a private Old World bar under shimmering New World digital art. Learn more about the Scarlet Room here, and take a virtual tour.
- Rent out full space. Society is pretty massive. The central space alone can hold about 250 people — that doesn’t even include our private party rooms.
2. “Are linens, tables and chairs included?”
All tables and chairs will be provided. If you would like to request tablecloths, we will provide this at no additional charge. 7 days’ notice is required for this request.
3. “Can I bring in outside alcohol?”
No. By law we are not permitted to allow beverages brought from outside onto our premises.
4. “Can I bring in outside decorations for my event?”
Absolutely! We politely request no confetti or glitter. Candles are permitted when enclosed in a hurricane holder.
5. “Can I have a DJ or live performer for my event?”
Of course! We have most audio equipment that performers require and we also have a list of DJs and performers that come highly recommended who are also familiar with our sound system.
If there is a performer that you would like to commission that is not on the list, a site visit between the performer and event venue manager is required prior to the event.
6. “Can you accommodate guests with dietary restrictions?”
Definitely. Society can accommodate gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, and other requests. Please inform the event coordinator of any dietary restrictions during the process of menu selection.
7. “Do you allow outside catering?”
No. Society does not permit outside catering. However, we do offer in-house catering services.
8. “Do you have signage or other aids to direct guests to my event?”
A host, as well as signage at the host stand, will be there to welcome your guests and provide direction to the event space.
9. “How can I receive a tour of the space?”
If you would like to schedule a tour of Society or the Scarlet Room, please contact our event coordinator, Samantha Jeffers at email@example.com or (816) 809-2058.
10. “How many people can your location accommodate?”
Society’s seated capacity is 150 people and has a 250 person standing capacity. Our private party space, the Scarlet Room, has an 80 person seated capacity and a 150 person standing capacity in respect to happy hour or cocktailing events.
11. “Is the site handicap accessible?”
Yes. There is a handicap accessible ramp located outside the front of the building.
12. “What is the deposit amount required to book an event?”
To reserve your event at the Scarlet Room a $500 deposit is required.
13. “When is the final payment due?”
Final payment is due at the conclusion of the scheduled event.
14. “Where can my guests park?”
Parking in the Crossroads can sometimes be limited, especially on weekends. We encourage you to review our parking recommendations and pass that information along to your guests.
15. “Can we have slideshows, video presentations, or play music from a personal device?”
Yes. We have a full complement of media technology, including projectors, presentation screens, speakers, a microphone, personal electronic device hookups to house sound and more.
Just let us know what you’d like to accomplish, and we can help you navigate our equipment.