The 10 Best Patios in Kansas City [The Guide to Great Patios in KC]
From full-scale restaurants with patios in Kansas City to the smaller, more secluded outdoor patios, Kansas City has tons of incredible options when you want to take advantage of a beautiful day in a beautiful city. And we’ve tried them all to compile the ultimate guide to the best patios, KC-style.
Here are the 10 best patios Kansas City has to offer for locals and visitors alike:
Searching for nearby bars with a patio? Downtown Crossroads Kansas City has plenty of patio restaurants — Kansas City still chooses Society. Here’s why:
- If you’re worried about the rain or heat and you need to find covered patios, Kansas City can still enjoy a day in the Crossroads, rain or shine, at Society. Settle into a booth in one of the shipping-container-turned-covered-seating to keep comfortable while you sip craft cocktails and enjoy the eclectic menu.
- Society has one of the highest quality patio bars in Kansas City, featuring high-end, boozy tropical drinks like the “Hot Pineapple Express” (mezcal with spicy chile notes, balanced with sweet pineapple and passionfruit) or the “Backhanded Compliment” (a little bite from gin, ginger, and grapefruit with cool and refreshing lime and pineapple).
- It’s one of the most unique patio restaurants KC has to offer, with a full menu that runs the gamut from steak to sushi, plus the fanciest tater tots you’ve ever had.
- Situated in the heart of the Crossroads, Society is one of the best patio bars in Kansas City for watching the Arts District action under the glow of downtown skyline views.
- With a central fire pit for socializing, Society is among the best outdoor patios Kansas City has for spring, summer and fall.
- There’s tons of space for hanging out with friends, making it one of the best restaurant patios in KC – whether you’re at the main outdoor patio bar, tucked away in the covered seating deck, gathered around the fire pit, or within the main restaurant itself. On nice days, Society opens up all the garage doors to catch the breeze, so you can easily wander with a drink in hand.
Tour The Patio
But we know we’re far from the only patio dining in Kansas City, Missouri! Be sure to check out some of Society’s neighbors and friends with patio bars in Kansas City, like:
Often-overlooked in what makes the best patios in Kansas City, MO: activities. We’re talking games. It’s not surprising that this arcade bar also has a few sets of large-scale Jenga and Connect Four. And, with the upstairs and downstairs patios, Kansas City visitors have a prime corner in the Crossroads from which they can people watch.
3. Char Bar
Located in Westport, this is one of the best patio restaurants in Kansas City if you’re hoping to score some barbeque. They’re dog-friendly, have several cornhole boards, plus a fire pit and heaters for chillier nights when you’re still craving KC bars with patios.
On the smaller side of patio dining in KC, this River Market spot is a favorite Kansas City brunch patio. They’re also open for fresh, farm-to-table dinner on Fridays and Saturdays.
Of all the KC restaurants with patios, Westside Local serves some of the best upscale farm-to-table fare. It’s also one of our favorite restaurant patios in Kansas City for brunch in a lush garden setting on the Westside. We suggest snagging a reservation in advance.
This busy Crossroads spot is one of the top patios in Kansas City for craft beer. This is a must-visit for anyone taking a tour through Brewer’s Alley, and it’s perfect for enjoying a nice day in an airy beer garden.
7. La Bodega
For some impressive Spanish-style patio dining, Kansas City loves La Bodega. Situated along Southwest Boulevard in the culturally rich Westside neighborhood, La Bodega is probably one of the only truly good patios in Kansas City for tapas and shareable small plates.
This is one of the best Kansas City patios if you just want to hang out with some friends and some beer in the Union Hill neighborhood. Brick House always hits the spot if you’re looking for places to eat in KC with a patio and you’re in the mood for classic bar fare like nachos, corn dogs, and fries.
It’s nothing fancy, but it’s one of the best rooftop patios Kansas City has if you just need some margaritas and sunshine. If you’re in the Hospital Hill area, love Jalisco seafood, and want to take advantage of a nice day, we’ll always recommend Teocali as one of the most relaxing rooftop patios in KC.
An iconic Westport social hub, Westport Ale House is known as one of the best outdoor patios in Kansas City, primarily because of the rooftop. There’s a smaller street-level patio, but if you’re looking for one of the best bar patios in Kansas City, head up the stairs of Westport Ale House. There are tons of TVs for watching the game, cornhole boards, a killer view of Westport, a fireplace, a fully stocked bar, and best of all – it boasts a comfortable all-season covered patio. KC always heads to Ale House for game days (and nights) at any time of year.
Still on the hunt for the best patios in KC? We recommend starting at Society, and then take your time walking around the Crossroads Art District – there are tons of incredible Kansas City patio restaurants in the area. Then again, once you try the patio-exclusive tiki drinks at Society, you might not want to leave to any of the other Kansas City bars with patios.
Still on the hunt for the best patio bar in Kansas City? Check out our menu, and you’ll find what you’re looking for. Want to rent out our downtown KC patio for your upcoming event? Start planning your outdoor private party here.